Staff Accountant (Milpitas)
We are always looking for a great talent for a STAFF ACCOUNTANT / BOOKKEEPER position.
This position will handle accounting & tax functions for the firm's clients. This is a small business, most of your time will be working solo and most interaction will be with the Principal/Owner. You will be given a variety of tasks with basic instructions and expected to apply your knowledge to complete the work independently. In long term, this position offers flexible hours so every workday will be different and you'll gain valuable experience.
- Create and maintain all the accounting records for different clients from different industries(invoicing, making deposits, accounts payable, invoice filing, etc) using QuickBooks
- Prepare tax returns
- Work with Govt authorities
- The Staff Accountant reports to the Manager and works closely with the other Staff Accountants in the department. The position is responsible for the preparation and review of tax returns, including ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely and accurately and in compliance with applicable laws.
- •Tax return preparation: Prepare corporate, fiduciary (complex, grantor, simple and split-interest), gift, individual, partnership and private foundation tax returns, including preparation of work papers and lead sheets; preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Assist in preparation of our clients’1099 (1099-B, INT and DIV) year-end tax information reporting, including reviewing, recommending, and adjusting client year-end tax reports.
- General accounting for client business’ to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of trial balances and related adjusting journal entries, preparing deposits and disbursement requests.
- Stay current on latest tax law changes. Take advantage of continuing education opportunities.
- Assist with general administrative functions of the Tax Department.
- Assist with other Corporate accounting projects as needed
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience in tax preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, and QuickBooks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management, client administration, portfolio managers and high-net-worth clients.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills
- Must be a team player and be willing to work over-time (including weekends) when necessary.
- Strong client service focus. Responsive to needs of colleagues and clients
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Must be thorough and accurate.
- High integrity with a strong work ethic.
- Very professional, organized, and able to handle confidential information (background check is required)
- Good written & verbal communication skills; must be proactive
- Must be able to research and solve problems independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and adept at multitasking
- Self-starter who can work independently with appropriate instructions/guidance
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- CPA not required but it would be expected that they are working towards this goal.
- This is a full time position
- This position requires the candidate to visit client occasionally.
- Right Candidate will be called in for an interview this weekend and can start work next week
Please email your resume [email protected]